Monday, August 10, 2009

The Next Time..........

I knew that when I arrived at the place, you were there. My eyes didn't tell 'coz I made sure not to look. It was my heart that instantly felt your presence.

I pretended not to notice you as you were at the corner. And I chose to sit on the other end as well so the job would be easier for myself - building this imaginary wall in between to shield me from an unstoppable force of attraction coming from your direction. But all through out, I could hear your voice. I wanted to glance but I managed not to, even in one funny story you told about me. I just laughed with everybody. When some asked me questions, I could sense you leaning forward from your seat, looking at me, waiting for some interesting answers. Still, I managed not to look back.

I thought my defenses were working, until it was time to call the night off. As I walked down the stairs, somebody tapped my shoulder. It was you. You just mentioned my name so sweetly then twirled your arms into mine. And from there, I found myself caught off guard again. Between our bodies was pure silence. I wasn't sure what that silent moment meant to you. But for me, it was frighteningly great.......great to feel a certain kind of magic, yet so frightening to feel something I was not supposed to feel.....or at least allowed to feel.

Goodbye! That was the only word I managed to utter.......then, you were gone.

I know we'll see each other again. And the next time you're gonna be next to me, clinging on my arms, I'll gonna hold you back and won't ever let go.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wanna Earn More?!